Tiaro State School has played a significant role in the quality education of the community since the 1st of November 1870. On day one of opening there were 30 students enrolled and the only teacher was a Mr Edward Cochrane.
The original location of the school was just north of it's current location.
The block of land on which the school now stands, has a total area of no less than 5 acres. It was purchased by the government for £10 ($20) in July 1877 and converted to freehold. By December 1877 both a school house and teachers residence were constructed.
These photos and information were provided by Tiaro State School 125th Anniversary Publication "Echoes of the Past". These books are available for purchase by phoning the school office on (07) 4129 2196.